|Watch your child's cubby for...
|your scholastic book club order form!
What are Language & Literacy Experiences
for Preschool Children ?
- Talking with others about
personally meaningful experiences
- Describing objects, events, and relations
- Having fun with language: listening to stories and
poems, making up stories and rhymes
- Writing in various ways : drawing, scribbling, letterlike
forms, invented spelling, conventional forms
- Reading in various ways: reading storybooks, signs
and symbols, one's own writing
- Dictating stories
"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."
— Emilie Buchwald
Borrow a book from our school library! Just write the name of the book you are borrowing on
your library card. Return the book.. and borrow another.
( Donations for our lending library are always welcome. Please do not include books featuring cartoon
|American Sign Language
See our Monarch
Page for some great butterfly books!
Let's Wave and Say Hello
Tune: Farmer in the Dell
Let's wave and say hello
Let's wave and say ________
Let's say hello to all our friends
Let's wave and say _________
How many ways can YOU say hello?